Delicious comfort food made easily in a crockpot. Prep and forget!
1. Set your crockpot to 6 hours on low. Add the cream of chicken and chicken broth.
2. Next add the celery and carrots. Put the top on your crockpot. Chicken is up next.
3. Take the rotisserie chicken apart. DO NOT add skin to this dish. When taking the chicken apart keep in mind that you want to easily eat the chicken. Don’t add any pieces that aren’t easily chewable. If they’re hard to cut, they’ll be hard to chew. Once you have finished taking the chicken apart sat what you’re using to the side.
4. Next prepare your area to roll out the biscuits to make dumplings. Lightly sprinkle flour over the surface first. Then roll out the biscuits as flat as possible without tearing them.
5. Cut the flattened biscuits, now dough, into rectangular pieces. Not all of them will be perfect rectangles.
6. Next, take your seasonings and season the dumplings. This may seem insane but trust me you want to season them. You want every bite to have flavor and this will ensure that.
7. Next add the seasoned dumplings and chicken to the crockpot.
8. Season this dish again if you see fit. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and cumin. These are our holy grail seasonings for this dish. You can add other seasonings. If you want it a little spice, then a few dashes of paprika are ideal.
9. Next add the butter.
10.Stir this dish.
11. Check on your chicken and dumplings at every two-hour mark. After the first 4 hours, taste your dish and add more of your holy grail seasonings. Be sure to stir, to ensure there is no sticking to the bottom of the pan.
12. After 6 hours, your dish is ready! TIME TO ENJOY!!
Keywords: chicken and dumplings, crockpot recipe, comfort food, simple comfort food recipe