I use to go to this small black-owned cafe where they’d make me these delicious collard green quesadillas with chicken. They were in large green wraps and absolutely delicious. I loved to eat them but I’m always looking for something that is lower carb. Eventually, this option was removed from the menu but I never forgot it. I was the only person really ordering it off the menu.
When I came across Crepini’s Egg Wraps with Cauliflower at Costco, I immediately thought about recreating that quesadilla. The Crepini has zero net carbs but still is crispy, giving you the same consistency as a wrap made from grains. Low carb food but still that crispy bread texture is always the move. This recipe is so simple and fast. You can add tomatoes, substitute the chicken for pulled pork or mushrooms to make it vegetarian. The possibilities are endless. Make this recipe as is and you’ll be getting protein, veggies, fiber, and a delicious meal.
I regularly have grilled skinless boneless chicken tenderloins cooked and in the fridge. I cook my own chicken because I want to control the way it’s prepared and seasoned. This also allows me to use the chicken in other recipes like Cobb Salads. You can do this or you can buy already cooked chicken from the freezer section or pull a roasted chicken apart. This simply delicious recipe won’t disappoint. It has zero net carbs, is Keto & F-Factor approved. Welcome to a new way to eat quesadillas.
No Carb Collard Green & Chicken Quesadilla
Simple Low Carb Quesadilla. Keto & F-Factor Approved.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Lunch
- 2 Crepini Egg Wraps with Cauliflower Cage-Free
- 2 large collard green stalks chopped
- Avocado Oil Spray or Extra Virgin Olive Oil [EVOO]
- 1/4 cup grilled or roasted chicken chopped
- 1/4 cup of low skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 Cup Onions
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat your pan on low. Coat the pan with avocado oil spray or EVOO.
- Add onion and sauté until browned.
- Add chopped, collard greens to the pan. Let these cook down. Be sure to remove stalks if you don’t want to chomp down on them. Ha! Cook the collard greens until they’ve softened. They tend to shrink down but only a little.
- Add the already cooked chicken to this mix and mix up. Let it cook for a 2 minutes max. Than take this mixture out the pan.
- If needed spray/pour more oil to get the pan coated. Place Crepini in the pan. Make sure the heat is low.
- Put your cheese on the wrap. You can add less or more of this.
- Slowly add in the collard chicken mixture and spread evenly. If you put too much in the shell it may be hard to flip.
- Lay the other wrap on top. Take your spatula and press down on the Let it cook slowly.
- Then take your biggest spatula and flip the entire quesadilla over.
- Leave for a few more minutes or until it becomes your desired crispiness.
- EAT IT!
You can always use one shell and put half of the ingredients on one side. You’ll pull the other half over it. This is a simpler way to create the same thing.
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: low carb, keto, f-factor,