I love eating which is no secret to anyone who’s seen me on any platform. It’s always my goal to eat delicious food. It’s often believed that healthy and delicious don’t go together. I’m here to tell you, or write to you, that this is a false notion. You can eat delicious and nutritious at the same time. Exhibit A, this simple vegan spaghetti recipe.
I believe in seasoning not just because I’m Black but because flavor makes eating enjoyable. I’ll deny eating at all before I eat something I don’t enjoy. I’m a fan of enjoying every calorie without regret. So I created a low carb-ish, meat free taste simple to make vegan spaghetti. This was absolutely delicious. Using Banza Pasta is always a good alternative when you want the taste of a regular spaghetti but with a little less carbs. I’m personally not ready for veggie noodle alternatives.
Big Mountain’s Lion Mane Mushroom Crumble gives this dish that umami we all love in pasta dishes. Mushrooms are often fairly misjudged and disrescpected. If you’re not a mushroom fan, don’t worry. This looks like a ground meat and tastes the same. This is a great recipe for those who want to increase veggie intake and fiber without sacrificing flavor. My simple vegan spaghetti is great alternative to a classic spaghetti.
If you like this recipe check out my No Carb Collard Green & Chicken Quesadilla.Print
Simple Vegan Spaghetti
A simple yet elevated vegan low-carb spaghetti recipe loaded with flavor.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
1 box of Big Mountain Lion Mushroom Crumble
1 box of Banza Spaghetti
1/4 Cup dry red wine (Tempranillo is my choice)
5 cloves of Garlic [diced]
2 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning (optional)
2 tbsp Onion Powder
2 tbsp Paprika
2 tbsp Black Pepper
4 tbsp Oregano
4 tbsp Basil
2 tbsp Garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Go Veggie dairy free grated parmesean (optional)
Fresh Rosemary & Thyme (Optional)
- Heat your water and lightly salt it. Once it boils add in the pasta. Keep the heat on a medium. Take this out once it’s al dente (not fully cooked through).
- Rinse pasta with cold water and put one cup of pasta water to the side.
- Oil your pot with olive oil then add in the shallots and garlic.
- Once browned add in your mushroom crumble.
- Once it begins to brown, add in th Rao’s Marinara sauce. Turn the eye on low.
- Add the pasta.
- Add in all of your seasonings slowly and mix. Let this simmer.
- Add in the dry red wine, fresh herbs, and let this simmer.
- Taste. Salt and pepper if needed.
Keywords: vegan spaghetti recipe, mushroom crumble, vegan food ideas, italian vegan, italian recipes
Leave a Reply