For several weeks I made spicy shrimp and kale tacos. Obsessively so. Then I decided why not put them in an egg roll? So I did. It was a hit. Now I’m sharing with you. I wanted to make a dish with a vegetable in it but not a basic egg roll. Something with literal kick in it.
I have been gifted these egg roll wrappers. They were easy to use and didn’t tear. That is an issue I’ve ran into in the past. They crips nicely and were completely delicious.. You can purchase Twin Dragon Wrappers at Walmart, Albertsons, Shaw’s, Von’s, Stater Bros, Fred Meyer, QFC, Safeway, Associated Stores, Giant Stores, Shop N Shop, Winco, and Price Chopper! You can find out more here. You can also follow the brand on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Print
Spicy Shrimp & Kale Egg Rolls
Simple spicy shrimp and kale egg roll recipe.
- Prep Time: 1
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
1/2 cup Siracha
1/4 cup Avocado Oil (can substitute
2 tbsp Garlic Powder
2 tbsp Onion Powder
2 cups chopped Lacinato Kale (substitute for favorite kale)
2 cloves Garlic
Olive Oil (enough to coat the pan)
1 pack of Twin Dragon Egg Roll Wrappers
Cooking The Shrimp
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together then put in the raw shrimp. Let this marinade sit in the refrigerator for a 1-hour minimum to 24 hours maximum.
- Oil pan and turn heat on low. Let’s cook the shrimp low and slow. Place them in the pan but don’t overcrowd it.
- Once you’ve cooked the shrimp let rest for 2-3 minutes than chop into small pieces.
- Next let’s sear the kale.
- Chop up garlic finely. Also, chop kale.
- Turn heat on low and oil the pan.
- Once the pan is heated, put in the garlic. Let it turn brown but not burned.
- Put the kale in the plan. Place in slowly because it will sizzle.
- Stir kale as it cooks. It will begin to get a crunchy texture. Pull it out and let sit on a paper towel to drain off the oil.
- Mix the kale with the chopped shrimp.
LET’S MAKE AN EGG ROLL
- Put about 2 tablespoons of filling. You can do less or just a little bit more.
- Watch this video on how to roll. You don’t need one from me.
- Deep fry in vegetable oil or place in an air fryer. You can lightly brown in a small amount of oil. This will require turning it over, make sure every edge is brown.
Keywords: Spicy Shrimp Egg Roll